Monday, October 6, 2008

Amazing Adventures in Sisters/ Bend Oregon


Mike: Here we are on the road again. We spent the night in Kennewick to meet up with Molly's parents.
Alien: Then it was get in the van and hit some geocaches on the way to Sisters, Oregon.
Mike: We stopped off at this old cemetary which had some pretty nifty headstones.
Alien: Yeah, like this stone boot and the puppy dog and duck behind us. I think I want a UFO crashed into the ground headstone myself, with an epitaph that reads, "Here lies Alien, what's he doing buried here? He should be with his family, floating a bazillion miles into the atmosphere."
Mike: Interesting.....It was sad to see all of the babies buried here. Let's take a moment of silence.......


Mike: Look at these lucious lips. So kissable so..... eh hem...didn't know anyone took a picture of that.
Alien: Our first stop in Sisters was to eat at Bronco Billy's, an old hotel converted into a restaurant.
Mike: Delicious steaks!



Alien: After dinner we toured upstairs and found some old artifacts.
Mike: It was a little spooky up there. It looked like a place the Ghost Hunters would go to investigate.



Mike: Phew! No ghostly aparitions here.



Mike: The following morning Molly's dad, Bill, took Nate, Annabelle, Alien and I on a hike up to Belknap Crater.
Alien: I have to say I was a little frightened going back into that day pack given the fact we were left in for a few months.
Mike: No kidding.



Alien: But Nate did take us out to look at the terrain. This sure makes me miss home.
Mike: It makes me glad a cold beer is waiting for us back at the house.



Mike: Even though we can't vote we sure had a blast watching the Vice-Presidential debates.
Alien: Doggonit Mike, there you go.....were you for beer in a Pilsner or against beer in a bottle
Mike: No, you got it wrong, I voted FOR the beer in a Pilsner not against it in the bottle.
Alien: 25% of Americans prefer their beer in a can so if you vote for it in a Pilsner, 85% of all Americans will be hurting, because we're all hurting.
Mike: No...no...that's not true...All Americans can't drink or don't drink. 68% of the American population is of drinking age and of that 68% only 25% drink of those 25% that drink only 10% drink beer. Of that 10%, 5% drink Keystone Light and since I voted against beer in a plastic red cup that means that 38% of Americans will have to drink their beer out of a frosty mug. How is that so difficult to understand?



Alien: I am protecting my rights to drink beer out of a Plisner.


Mike: Here we are in front of Mirror Pond in Bend, Oregon. Yes, the same Mirror Pond that Dechutes Brewery has crafted their fine ale from.
Alien: Do they use the water from Mirror Pond, becuase it's kind of filled with duck poop.
Mike: I'd rather not know.



Mike: Yippee! Two pubs in one day!



Alien: And a brewery tour as well. Did we die?
Mike: No I think Nate convinced the troups to tour the Dechutes Brewery and try Sample after sample after sample.....



Mike: I'm feeling quite tipsy and oh, so happy.





Alien: Back to the real world now, folks. Lets tour a lava cave! Because nothing reminds me of home like a big black hole and I'm not talking about my mother.
Mike: Hey, nobody told me to bring a flashlight.



Mike and Alien: Enter the big black cave of doom.......
Mike: It actually was really neat in there. I'm glad we're out of it but still...give me a beer or three and I'll visit it again.




Mike: What?!? Good thing we're skinny so we can get out of jail. Poor girls.
Alien: Well, another fun adventure to throw down in the books.
Mike: Or the blog.
Alien: Where are we off to next?
Mike: I here there's a scrapbook retreat.
Alien: Oh dear......another one?

No comments: