
Well, I can't be upstaged by ol' Spikey, so I will post some of my "world's largest" monuments. Here is the World's Largest Buffalo in Jamestown, ND.

And, we can't forget the World's Largest Cow in New Salem, ND. By the way, the cow and a gas station are the only things in this town. Seriously, I couldn't even find a residential area!
Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see the World's Largest Walleye (Baudette, MN). Maybe next year!
This isn't in the "World's Largest" category, but it can easily be the "World's Most Secluded Church." The Penturen church is located in Beltrami State Forest, near Roosevelt, MN. We drove for about an hour on gravel and logging roads to get here. There was a geocache in the area; we found it right away, but some of us were a little nervous about getting lost in the thick woods, because there were no trails.
This church was an old settlers' church in the 1920's. It's was restored and is kind of neat! You can see more pictures of it on Anita's website.
No comments:
Post a Comment