Monday, April 14, 2008

Palm Springs Here I Come

So off to sunny California with the Shooks to visit Grant and Nancy, snowbirds who flee Seattle in the winter for the Palm Springs area.  I hear great things about living the high life in California.  So why is one of the first places they go for dinner is Teresa's Cafe in Indio?  Okay, maybe not ritzy but the #6 combo of beef taco, cheese enchilada, and tamale is to die for.  Mmmm, their red gravy.

The sunny weather and beautiful foliage is amazing.  I've never seen a Bird of Paradise plant before.
Our overnight trip to Legoland was great fun.  I thought of my friend alligator when I saw this Legoland display of the Florida swamp, all made out of legos.

The boy James came out of Legoland with new toys but I don't know about making new friends with these law and order types.

1 comment:

Thorsteinsons said...

Alien- I love it! It looks like you had a great time!