Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back From Boise



As you are all well aware the Spains, Thorsteinsons and Shooks all had to go somewhere for Spring Break. To show what a great buddy I am I declined the trips to California and Florida. So to my two friends, Mike and Alien, "YOU OWE ME!!!"



With that out of the way I will begin to describe my trip to Boise Idaho with the Spain girls and their Grandma Linda. Here's the amount of stuff they packed for the trip. Haven't they ever heard of roughing it?



Yeah! I finally made it out of Molly's purse. I was getting sick of being blinded by grocery reciepts and of being beaned in the head by loose change.

We walked around downtown Boise on a Sunday. Not much action on a Sunday.



Our State Capitol Building. I so wanted to stomp around the different chambers but for some reason they're renovating it.



"Father, what is this this spiky creature crawling around on my berries?"



"Grr...That be the stegosaur from long time past. Hmm..Maybe we trade for whisky and musket."


"Clark...Lewis...hmmm...any use for tiny dino on rest of trip? Take back to President, maybe he free our people?"

"No, you can keep him."

"Grrrr...be gone little steg. "

Whew! That was close. I knew Molly wouldn't trade me (although I wish she had for Disneyworld).



Eagle Island State Park. This was the location of the only geocache the Spains did on their entire trip. The weather was mostly nice but everything was still muddy and squishy.



We took a road trip to Idaho City, an old gold mining mecca. All that's left are a few leaning wooden buildings, some talk-a-tive locals and this place. It's a "house/ second hand store/ you -better -get -your -tetanus -shot -before -you -enter -it" building.



The Boise Zoo. C'Mon Camel, my dogs are barking. What? This thing's not alive? Well I'll be dipped it looks so lifelike....like me!



I was scared out of my mind. I don't know why Molly subjects me to birds especially since that incident at the beach. Look at the large talons and that beak! OK.... you got your shot, let's move on!



My ancestors hatched out of eggs like these many moons ago (wise talk, thanks to my time spent with the Chief). Now we just hatch out of little Tupperware containers and ammo cans and hope someone kind enough will take us home and take us traveling with them.

Oh, we are lucky creatures for sure. I may have been just a titch green with envy for Mike and Alien to have gone to such exotic locale but I got to experience something wonderful in our own great state, something more wonderful than palm trees, the ocean, Mickey Mouse and Legos: I got to spend my time with my friends. *Sniffle* Mike and Alien "You STILL owe me!"

1 comment:

Thorsteinsons said...

Spike- it looks like you had a great time! It looks like Boise is a fun place, and you got to learn a little more about Idaho government (something CoCo Mikey lacks).