
Anita got that dreaded phone call the day before Thanksgiving: her dad had been rushed to the hospital. The next day, we were on our way to Alabama. It was a relief to find that nothing life-threatening was going on, but he will be in a rehab hospital for a few weeks. Because that hospital has strict visiting hours, we had time to explore the countryside a little. The first thing we found was a cotton field!

We came across a store, Outpost 72, which had wicker rocking chairs on the porch. This just screamed "the South" for some reason, so of course, I had to sit back and rock for a while. The cashier, however, caught Anita taking a picture of me, so now she thinks Yankees are a little strange :o)

Much of our time was spent waiting in the hospital. LOTS of waiting in the hospital. They say patience is a virtue... more like it's torture! It didn't help that each update brought different issues, and we were all just a little confused by the time we left.

Hey, it may be an IV bag, but it's the only drink I had during the whole trip!
1 comment:
Thanks for the educational tour - I'm not sure I knew what cotton looked like growing in a field. But I could have lived my entire life without the knowledge of microwavable pork rinds and souse.
Post a Comment