Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Mexico Tales: More Sights

Mike: This Sex Appeal Detector was at White's City, by Carlsbad Caverns. Seriously, this "town" was a hotel, a gas station, a restaurant, a grocery store, and a museum. I felt like I was at a roadside attraction in the 50's. It looked like that was the last time they did any maintenence work. But, the good news is that I broke the machine I was so off the charts in sex appeal.

Spike: You wish! You didn't even put a quarter in it!

Mike: Well, that's how sexy I am: I didn't need a quarter.

Spike: Whatevah.

Spike: My fortune- "you will find a way to ditch Mike and the Martian in the cavern."
Mike: Hey, I heard that!
Martian: Cavern? Is that by Venus?
Spike: Now THIS is a cave! WOW! You could have a whole city down here!
Mike: Yeah, now we know where to hide when the aliens invade.
Martian: Hey! Didn't I tell you we come in peace?
Mike: Wow, this stingray is out of this world!
Martian: No, I'M out of this world.
Spike: Geez, calm down, green boy- it's just an expression.
Martian: Oh...well...I'm still cooler than that slimy thing.
Mike and Spike: Whatevah!

No comments: